Five MTA Voting Board Members Confirmed by Senate Today, June 10, 2020:
- Jamey Barbas, appointed by Governor Andrew Cuomo (replacing Sarah Feinberg, now interim NYCT President)
- Frank Borelli Jr, nominated by Rockland County Executive Ed Day
- Victor Calise, nominated by NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio
- Lorraine Cortés-Vázquez, nominated by NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio
- Michael Fleischer, nominated by Dutchess County Executive Marc Molinaro
Given that the Mayor’s and Dutchess County’s appointments came after a lengthy delay from the Governor, we would welcome introduction of legislation to ensure timely forwarding of county executive and mayoral appointees to the senate by the governor, or direct appointment of these positions, as recommended in our Open MTA report.